Town hall meetings will provide residents with the chance to get information and ask questions about a proposed regional fire authority in Umatilla County.
The East Umatilla Rural Fire Protection District’s social media page announced on Monday the meetings, which will include the Rural Fire Protection District, East Umatilla County Ambulance Area Health District, Helix Rural Fire Protection District and Athena Volunteer Fire Department/City of Athena. The entity would be called East Umatilla Fire and Rescue, the post stated.
Meetings will be at 7 p.m. on the following dates:
• March 27 at 431 E. Main St., Athena.
• April 10 at 103 W. Main St., Weston.
• April 29 at 77167 Spring Hollow Road, Adams.
• May 10 at 102 Columbia St., Helix.
• May 24 at 431 E. Main St., Athena.
• June 10 at 103 W. Main St., Weston.
For updates, visit ubne.ws/2Ud6Lmm.