The Natatorium swimming pool opened in 1917 on the east side of Wilbur Avenue (131 S. Wilbur Ave.) right next to Mill Creek. It was an extremely popular pool in most earlier years but closed for good after the 1968 season. To contact Joe Drazan regarding the Bygone Walla Walla project, email

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.
Posting comments is now limited to subscribers only. Become one today or log in using the link below. For additional information on commenting click here.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.